Ironically, most supportive comments come to us in private email message. I thank you for the recent messages of support. It means a great deal to me and all involved here at Faith and Freedom. However, most of the negative, sometimes so vile they cannot be published comments are posted on the website. Private messages are kept private.
We are grateful to our readers here in Washington State, across the country and in 35 countries, for your interest in what we write about Judeo-Christian values and the culture.
Yesterday, a post was made on our blog posted earlier this week titled, "Ed Murray's Action Items For Re-Defining Marriage". I have no idea who this person is nor where they live, however, while their comments were posted, I think their message should be read by a broader audience that may not read all the posts.
We have never done this before, but today I am sharing the comments and experiences of one of our readers who has been in the homosexual lifestyle and anonymously shared their personal view and experience. Please take a moment and read this person's comments.
Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Ed Murray's Action Items For Re-Defining Marriage ...":
Tony, [ reference to a previous comment]
You can sing your story all day long but it will not change the truth of what is going on in the 'gay' (anything but gay) community. You 'preach' your tolerance here (yet have NO tolerance for another view) but the chances of ONE homosexual person being consistently committed to another is 1 in 9000! Most people posting here haven't been close to the community to say BS to your ploys but I have seen it first hand. What a line of garbage!
The whole movement is just full of lies. I could go on but let me share just a touch of real life research and statistics. And if you want to hear more I'll tell you about my loved ones and their real life stories. To find the story of this dear daughter is 1 in a million, as the say. It just so happens that I have a cousin who probably fits that bill....but then I don't REALLY know them that well to testify to their monogamy.
Source: 2003-2004 Gay/Lesbian Consumer Online Census
· In The Sexual Organization of the City, University of Chicago sociologist Edward Laumann argues that "typical gay city inhabitants spend most of their adult lives in 'transactional' relationships, or short-term commitments of less than six months."
· A study of homosexual men in the Netherlands published in the journal AIDS found that the "duration of steady partnerships" was 1.5 years.
· In his study of male homosexuality in Western Sexuality: Practice and Precept in Past and Present Times, Pollak found that "few homosexual relationships last longer than two years, with many men reporting hundreds of lifetime partners."
· In Male and Female Homosexuality, Saghir and Robins found that the average male homosexual live-in relationship lasts between two and three years.
MONOGAMY VS. PROMISCUITY: SEXUAL PARTNERS OUTSIDE OF THE RELATIONSHIP
Lest anyone suffer the illusion that any equivalency between the sexual practices of homosexual relationships and traditional marriage exists, the statistics regarding sexual fidelity within marriage are revealing:
· A nationally representative survey of 884 men and 1,288 women published in the Journal of Sex Research found that 77 percent of married men and 88 percent of married women had remained faithful to their marriage vows.
· A 1997 national survey appearing in The Social Organization of Sexuality: Sexual Practices in the United States found that 75 percent of husbands and 85 percent of wives never had sexual relations outside of marriage.
Research indicates that the average male homosexual has hundreds of sex partners in his lifetime:
· The Dutch study of partnered homosexuals, which was published in the journal AIDS, found that men with a steady partner had an average of eight sexual partners per year.
· Bell and Weinberg, in their classic study of male and female homosexuality, found that 43 percent of white male homosexuals had sex with 500 or more partners, with 28 percent having one thousand or more sex partners.
The Handbook of Family Diversity reported a study in which "many self-described 'monogamous' couples reported an average of three to five partners in the past year. Blasband and Peplau (1985) observed a similar pattern."
(Had lots more but my message was limited.)
Then, you want us to consider that homosexual behavior is normal and something the rest of us who realize - again, from experience - it is a choice, to accept as if you are helpless. Oh my word, talk about selling the bridge. You have to be kidding. Have you gone to a bar in Seattle, heck, Renton. Sure looks like lots of commitment (not). How about the sign on a Spokane bar "New meat requested" Gosh, I wonder what kind of a bar that is??? Commitment. Are you really expecting those of us who have been there and seen it to buy this garbage?
Be Vigilant. Be Discerning. Be Prayerful. Be Active. Be Blessed.