Next Tuesday (January 20), the annual "Washington State March For Life" will take place in Olympia.
Here is more information on both events and some personal thoughts on the value of life.
Sanctity of Human Life Sunday
This Sunday is "Sanctity of Human Life" Sunday, coinciding with the 42nd anniversary of Roe v. Wade. Thousands of pastors will preach a biblical sermon on the sanctity of life---the value of life from God's perspective.
Pray for those pastors who boldly stand with God's Word and the value of human life.
Consider the following from Concerned Women for America:
- Humans reflect the image of God.
"So God created man in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them" (Genesis 1:27).
- The punishment of death was applied to those who take another's life because God values human life.
"Whoever sheds man's blood, by man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man" (Genesis 9:6).
- God gives life before birth and cares for the unborn.
"For you formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works. And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You. When I was made in secret. And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written. The days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them" (Psalms 139: 13-16).
- God has a purpose and calling for individuals even before we are born.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations" (Jeremiah 1:5).
"For he will be great in the sight of the Lord and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb" (Luke 1:15).
Washington State March For Life
This coming Tuesday is the annual Washington State March For Life in Olympia.
- The March will organize about 11 AM at the Winged Victory Monument on the Capitol campus. Just before 12 it will move the short distance to the Capitol steps.
- A one-hour program will feature comments from pro-life legislators and leaders.
- For more information about the event, read this.
- For answers to frequently asked questions, read this.
We strongly encourage all to attend. Those who cannot attend, remember those who do in prayer.
On the radio today I will be talking about "life"---specifically about embryonic stem cell research and why it is wrong. We will also inform you of current breaking news events and how they relate to a biblical worldview.
Join me live at 9 AM PST or a rebroadcast at 7:30 PM PST from anywhere in the world. Here's how.
Be Informed. Be Pro-Life.