Our new President has posted on the White House website his plan to move the gay rights agenda forward. He has included his plan to expand abortion.
The President is quoted on the website above the section titled, "Support For the LGBT Community," saying, "Too often the issue of LGBT rights is exploited by those seeking to divide us. But at its core, this issue is about who we are as Americans."
This is a statement often made by pro-homosexual activists as they attempt to re-engineer our culture and redesign marriage and the family. Indeed it is, at its core, who we as Americans really are---and what we believe.
If you do not embrace the homosexual lifestyle and agenda feeling the Bible teaches against it and calls it sin and perversion, you are said to be intolerant, bigoted and in this case, a divider.
Focus on The Family is saying, "This is the most bold and comprehensive pro-homosexual, abortion-friendly administration agenda we've seen."
The President has included several things he is going to do for the homosexual movement and the abortion industry.
Marriage and The Homosexual Agenda
1. He is going to expand federal "hate crimes" legislation to include more and stiffer penalties.
2. He supports the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) and wants to expand the anti-discrimination laws to include sexual orientation and gender identity. This will have significant impact on hiring practices, particularly churches and other Christian ministry organizations.
3. He supports civil unions and will work to make them beneficially equal to traditional marriage, thus diminishing the unique status of traditional, biblical marriage which has been the social norm for more than 5000 years. Also, undermining the position that marriage is between one man and one woman.
4. He will work to repeal the "Defense of Marriage Act" (DOMA) which defines marriage as between one man and one woman.
5. He will repeal the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" military policy regarding homosexuals in the military, even though federal law states that homosexuality is incompatible with military service.
6. He will expand adoption rights for homosexuals. His site says Obama thinks, "that a child will benefit from a healthy and loving home, whether the parents are gay or not."
On his website under, "The Agenda---Women," is a statement noting the President's support for abortion rights. He is described as the, "Consistent, champion of reproductive choice," and promises to stand against any effort to overturn Roe v. Wade.
Note that since Roe v. Wade, when the Supreme Court legalized abortion on demand, more than 45,000,000 babies have been aborted.
The site also affirms Obama will increase funding for, "Family planning and comprehensive sex education." That means he is going to give Planned Parenthood a raise and keep his promise to them, which includes promising them the first bill he will sign will be the so-called, "Freedom of Choice Act." This bill will remove essentially every restrictive law, federal and state, on abortions.
I have many concerns. The President has made many promises to many people about many issues. As he attempts to move his economic plan forward, there is going to be more than a little objection to some of it because there are those who do not want to move America further toward socialism. As his agenda in this area and perhaps others as well, stalls, for the sake of accomplishing the most possible in his first hundred days, he may even accelerate his agenda where marriage, family and life is concerned, because these issues are not primarily economic and could be moved more quickly.
In fact, many are expecting the immediate repeal of the "Mexico City Policy" even though 77 members of Congress have asked him to keep the policy in place. The policy prevents US funds from supporting abortion overseas.
This is not a time for people of faith to grow weary or fearful. It is also not a time to be silent. It is not a time for internal strife and disunity. It is a time to speak and to live out the Judeo-Christian principles that have made this the greatest country, with the greatest mission, in the history of the world.
Faith & Freedom
Click here to add these blogs to your email inbox.